We are a community of believers respecting the dignity of all and supporting the journey of each person. With compassionate presence, we inspire HOPE, HEALING and PEACE to the poor and marginalized of society. We provide a safe and welcoming place where we can learn from one another. Our invitation is extended to all regardless of race, social status or religious affiliation.
ENCOURAGE –bringing courage and support to the poor in response to their physical, spiritual and educational needs.
LEAD – leading the poor by example and sharing the Gospel of life.
EDUCATE – teaching the poor a wide range of skills [Nutrition, Healthcare, TASC, ESL(English as a Second Language,) Veteran’s Career Program.]
EMPOWER – enabling the poor to make positive changes in their personal lives and encouraging self-sufficiency.
We extend an invitation to “COME AND SEE.” Much more than just a handout it’s a HAND UP!
Sr Catherine-Sr. Johnice-Sr. Rose
- We served 11,173 meals in our dining room, including Thanksgiving and Christmas Day dinners in 2014.
- Since 1996, our pantry has helped more than 28,000 individuals in at least 11,400 households.
- We provide personal care, client need and school supplies to over 500 community members on an average annual basis.
- Our intake team meets individually with clients and either assists them directly or guides them to one of our 45 active partners who can assist them further with their needs.
- TASC Test Assessing Secondary Completion™, a state-of-the-art, national high school equivalency assessment and training program.
- English as a Second Language Classes offered on-site and tuition free.
Veterans Career Center
- AMVETS Career Center Services provide Career assessment to help Veterans make good career choices, help with military to civilian transformation, help with interviewing skills, resume skills, resources including computer and on-line assistance. These services are available to Veterans, Active Duty Service Members, National Guard and Reserve, and their Spouses.
Other Client Services Offered
- We have routine activities for Veterans, Food Stamp assistance, Blood Pressure screening, Toy/Food drives and other specialized events such as job fairs and health fairs.
We Also Partner With Various Organizations and Parishes That Offer Volunteer Support
- Student Retreats ~ Community Service Opportunities ~ RSVP ~ Red Cross Training ~ Corporate Volunteer Days ~ ErieCounty Sheriff Days ~ Summertime Poverty Youth Awareness Program ~ United Way Day of Caring ~ St. Monica’s Student Days ~ St. Gregory the Great Student Days to name a few.