|Send resume to:||Response to Love Center
130 Kosciuszko St.
Buffalo, NY 14212
Att: Sr. Mary Johnice
|Type of Employment:||Part-Time: X||If part-time, # of
hours per week 20-25
|Job Title of Open Position:||Assistant Cook, Prep Cook, Kitchen Help|
|Salary:||Commensurate upon experience/education||Salary will be: Hourly X|
|Employer:||Response to Love Center||Department||Dining Room|
|Location Address:||130 Kosciuszko St. Buffalo, NY 14212|
Brief Job Description
The Assistant Cook is responsible to help the Lead Cook plan menus, prepare food, & cook a hot cooked meal (lunch) for the feeding program that takes place at the Response to Love Center in Buffalo NY. Keep an accurate inventory, ordering supplies, ensuring safe-sanitary food handling practice, and supervise volunteers.
The Response to Love Center is a fun, environment that focuses on the quality of the relationship we build with our clients. We insist on treating everyone with dignity and compassion. We are looking for a person that has a passion for food and takes pride in their job performance. This position offers room for advancement. Get rewarded for your talents. No evenings or weekends are required.
Qualifications: Required Education/Experience –
- Plan and submit a menu to RTLC management.
- Prepare nutritious and balanced meals for the feeding program.
- Must have experience cooking a variety of foods considering nutrition and cultural sensitivity.
- Serve the meal and clean up after meals.
- Review inventory, rotate products, anticipate needs, and request supplies.
- Keep accurate records and statistics.
- Maintain food safety preparation.
- Maintain a sanitary kitchen.
- Monitor and record all refrigerator and freezer temperatures.
- Supervise volunteers.
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
|· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Experience planning and cooking for large group
· Safe-Serve food handling certification (or willing to get Save-Serve Certified)
· Experience cooking different types of food
· Knowledge in using industry-sized ovens and cooking ranges
· Ability to manage and supervise other kitchen staff
· Must understand and appreciate the mission of The Response to Love Center.
|How to Apply:||E-mail: email@example.com ~ Fax (716)891-5474 ~ USPS at address listed above.|